If you have the heart and the drive, you can be a Rivier Raider. Our student-athletes are a special breed—turning hard work, focus, and teamwork into a winning combination both on and off the field.
Student-Athletes at Rivier
Our philosophy is that academics come first. Coaches take an active role in helping student-athletes balance the challenges of academic life with the demands of athletic competition.
The Rivier University Raiders compete as Division III members of the National Collegiate Athletic Association and the Great Northeast Athletic Conference. The University fields thirteen varsity teams: six men’s and seven women’s teams including baseball, basketball, cross-country, soccer, softball, lacrosse, field hockey, and volleyball.
- Joanne Merril | Director of Athletics
Learn about Athletics at Rivier.
- Dax Billingsley | Do coaches care more about athletics or academics?
- Katerina St. Angelo | How do you balance athletics and academics? (Pt. 1)
- Katerina St. Angelo | How do you balance athletics and academics? (Pt. 2)
- Daniel White | What is it like to be a student athlete?
- Volleyball Championship 2018
- Volleyball Championship 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQ Athletics (PDF)